Veterinary and phytosanitary checks
of compliance with veterinary legislation
To avoid penetration and dissemination of infectious diseases:
- import of raw food of animal origin from unsafe regions is banned. In the case of detection in the hand luggage and passengers' baggage, these items are subject to confiscation and destruction;
- goods subject to state veterinary supervision: animals, birds, fish, meat, meat-products, skins, stuffed animals, hunting trophies of wild animals, birds and fishes must be confirmed by veterinary certificates in the prescribed form issued by the veterinary service of the exporting country.
In case of the failure to provide supporting veterinary certificates in the checkpoint on the state border of the Russian Federation, the goods are subject to confiscation and destruction.
of compliance with quarantine phytosanitary requirements of the Russian Federation
Phytogenic products of plant origin imported into the territory of the Russian Federation (quarantineable products) shall be subject to phytosanitary quarantine control.
Phytogenic products must be free from quarantine objects (pests, plant pathogens and weeds).
At the point of entry the lots of quarantineable products are subject to certification by the supporting and phytosanitary certificates and visual inspection.
- Import of seeds and planting material in baggage, hand baggage and mail unaccompanied by phytosanitary certificates is prohibited.
- Each package of fresh flowers shear should be marked with the information as follows:
- name of the product;
- country of origin;
- Import of 1-2 bouquets of natural flowers in hand luggage, baggage and mail is allowed
- Seed potatoes lots shall be packed in new containers, the soil should not exceed 1% by the weight of the product.
- Pot plants and plants with closed root system must be carried in the nutrient substrate, free from harmful quarantine pests.
- It is forbidden to import into the territory of the Russian Federation plant products infested with quarantine pests. Contaminated products are subject to disinfection, and in the case it is impossible – subject to return or destruction.
- At failure to submit the supporting documents for the quarantineable products in the checkpoint on the state border of the Russian Federation the goods are subject to return or confiscation and destruction.
- Phytosanitary certificate confirming the compliance of quarantineable products with the requirements of the Russian Federation legislation is issued by an authorized body of the exporting country.
- TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED ON IMPORT TO THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION OF PLANT PRODUCTS (FRUITS, DRIED FRUITS, VEGETABLES, NUTS, SPICES, HERBS, FLOWERS, SEEDLINGS, SEEDS, CEREALS, GRAINS , ETC.) IN HAND LUGGAGE AND BAGGAGE FROM THE REPUBLICS OF UZBEKISTAN, TAJIKISTAN AND AZERBAIJAN.
- Attention! For failure to comply with Import restrictions on phytogenic products natural persons may be held administratively liable in accordance with the “Code of the Russian Federation on Administrative Violations" with imposition of administrative fines and confiscation of goods.
- Preliminary consultation can be obtained from the relevant veterinary and phytosanitary control by the phone: +7 (843) 254-00-60.
- Working hours: round the clock
- The official website of the Rosselkhoznadzor Administration in the Republic of Tatarstan http://www.shn.tatarstan.ru